Football Atlanta - Online

#4 Bulldogs Dominate
Yellow Jackets 52-7

Matchup: The #4 Georgia Bulldogs (10-1, 7-1 SEC) 
at The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (3-8, 2-6 ACC) 

Date: Saturday, November 30, noon;     
Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000) Atlanta

TV: ABC: Play-by-Play - Bob Wischusen;
Analyst - Dan Orlovsky, Sideline Reporter - Allison Williams.

 RADIO: In Atlanta: 750am/95.5,fm:  
Scott Howard
Eric Zeier
(color analyst); Chuck Dowdle (sideline)
680 The Fan/93.7 FM The Fan
Andy Demetra (PxP),
Sean Bedford
(analyst), Wiley Ballard (sideline)
 Satellite: Sirius 135 XM 194
Georgia Bulldogs Game Notes:
  Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Game Notes:
SEC Football Official Website:

ACC Football Weekly Notes:
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Official Website:

 Georgia Head Coach Kirby Smart's
Press Conference
-  Click Here

Georgia Tech Head Coach Geoff Collins'
Press Conference
- Click Here

By Don Stone - Georgia Football Magazine and Football Atlanta - Live blog from Dooley Field at Sanford Stadium

Everyone talks about their favorite memory of this rivalry. This is the 20th anniversary for me of what I would consider my best month of football games attended.
  The teams had gone back and forth with Quincy Carter and Joe Hamilton and were tied at 48 with 13 seconds left. UGA was at the Yellow Jackets' two yard line and decided to go for a touchdown instead of a field goal. Jaspar Sanks fumbled just before crossing the goal line and Tech recovered. Tech won it in overtime 51-48 on a Luke Manget field goal. And, remarkably, that was the last time in the last 10 visits that Georgia had lost at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
  I followed that by heading to the Outback Bowl in Tampa. Drew Brees in his final college game at Purdue lead the Boilermakers to a 25-0 lead before Carter lead his Bulldogs back to, at that time, the biggest comeback in college bowl history with a 28-25 overtime win.
  A few weeks later, I was covering my first Super Bowl with my hometown team, the St. Louis Rams. Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf got off to a 16-0 lead But Steve McNair crawled back in and tied it. With just 1:54 left in the game, a 73 yard pass to Isaac Bruce put St. Louis up by 7. They barely held on as Kevin Dyson was tackled by Mike Jones a yard short of the goal line as time ran out on a 23-16 win.
  Can't top a month like that.
  Back to the present in this sell out game, which was populated mostly with red and black clad fans. Tech got the ball first at their 25 facing a defense that is second in the nation having given up a total of 118 points total in their previous 11 games. The Jackets went three and out. UGA's ball at their 31 and they matched the three and out. The 56 yard punt rolled out at the 13 yard line.
  Tech again couldn't get a first and punted with Dominick Blalock taking it back 29 yards to the GT41. Again no first down with Rodrigo Blankenship putting up the first points of the game from 51 yards...3-0.
  Three and out again for the Yellow Jackets including a false start. The Pressley Harvin punt sailed out at the 36.
  A pair of runs by D'andre Swift got a first down at the GT47. Brian Herrien got 12 to the 35. Herrien got 2 more on a pair of carries to the 28. An amazing third down 25 yard thrown and catch to Tyler Simmons made it first and goal at the two. Herrien got the rest to put his team up 10-0.
  Tech couldn't move it again and fumbled with James Graham fumbling before falling on it.
  Georgia scored quickly on their next drive on a 20 yard Charlie Woerner touchdown catch to extend the lead to 17-0.
 Tech again at their 35 as the game moved into the second quarter. Still no first down with Harvin's punt going out at the 36.
  Jake Fromm threw three straight incompletions. So far, when the Dawgs ran the ball, the moved it. When they only passed on a drive, they didn't. Jake Carmarda's 45 yard punt was downed at the 20.
  After three straight nothing plays, Tech punted. But, Blaylock muffed it with Tyler Cooksey falling on it at the 17.
  Jordan Mason got it to the 10. Then, Graham got four for their first first down of the game. First and goal at that at the six. On the next play, the Jackets got on the board with a Tyler Davis TD catch to make it 17-7.
  Taking the cue from the Falcons, who had two straight successful on side kicks two days earlier, Tech pulled one off as well giving them the ball in UGA territory at the 47. But the defense held them there.
  The Bulldogs began their drive at their 25. On a third and four, Fromm scrambled for a first down at the 35. Another turnover. This time by Swift recovered by Justice Dingle at the 42.
  Mason got nine to the 33 then converted a third and one to the 28. Mason again with 11 more into the red zone at the 18. Geoff Collins took his second time out. Graham scrambled but fell just shy of what he needed. Brenton King came in and kicked it wide right to keep the score at 17-7.
 Georgia took over at the 20. On a third and eight, Herrien took a short pass and ran out at the 30. The next play saw him add 11 to the 43. Zamir White got his first touch for 12. Simmons caught one at the 37 before stopping the clock at 0:25. Swift ran out for a first down at the 30. A sack by Dingle and Kirby Smart took his first time out at 0:13. A second and 18 at the 39. Demetris Robertson caught one up the middle for 14 to make it third and four at the 25 with 8 seconds left. The always reliable Blankenship came in missed to again keep the score at halftime 17-7. No points by either team in the second quarter. Even though the Jackets only had 75 yards of total offense, they somehow lead in time of possession by three minutes. But, where it counts, they were down by 10.
  Georgia got the ball to start the second half with great field position at their after White took the short kick out to the 47. Swift barreled forward for two carries for 21 yards to the GT32. A pass interference call on Tre Swilling put it in the red zone at the 17. Then, Fromm's signature play, a toss to the left corner of the end zone with Simmons pulling it down to make it a 24-7 game. The first points for the Bulldogs since Woerner's TD with 1:21 in the first quarter.
  Georgia Tech began their first drive of the half at their 25. A short pass to the left to Malachi Carter and the WR took it out to midfield. No more with Harvin kicking it into the end zone. Georgia ball at their 20.
  From started with a 20 yard toss to Blaylock at the 40. Herrien took a toss left and picked up 5. Transfer tight end Eli Wolf caught one and lumbered half the length of the field for 47. UGA had a first and goal at the 8. Senior DT Brantavious Glanton was hurt on the play but seemed to be okay, standing on the sidelines. The next play drew a holding call. First and goal at the four. Then, a potentially disastrous play as Swift fumbled and hand to be walked off the field. He went into the tent to be looked at, apparently favoring his left leg.
  Tech ball at the four. The4 defense stuck them for no gain. Both teams had to be separated in the end zone. Blaylock fair caught the punt at the GT42. Offsetting penalties forced a rekick with the ball downed at the 41.
  On the first play, George Pickens got his first catch standing wide open down the right sidelines taking it in untouched for a 41 yard score and a 31-7 lead. The kickoff was downed at the 10. Swift came out of the tent and was sitting on a bench. No apparent need to bring him back in with a 24 point lead.
  A couple of stuffed runs and it was third and 12 at the 8. Blaylock took the kick at his 34 and ran it back 32 yards to the GT34.
  James Cook took his first pass to the left, then maneuvered for 15 to the 19. A handoff to Simmons gave them another first and goal at the nine. On a third and nine, Fromm found Blaylock in the back of the end zone. Players had to be separated again drawing a chorus of boos. That changed to a very loud U-G-A chant through the visiting crowd. Tech fans tried to respond with "Yellow Jackets," but could barely be heard. During the scuffle, Pickens was ejected for throwing a punch. Significant because that will carry over into next week's game. Regardless, it was 38-7.
  Tech tried again at their 25. They only got 8 and punted again. Harvin's 55 yard punt was fair caught at the 10.
  Stetson Bennett got some time at QB and got a first down an a pair of carries by White to the 29. Cook got it three times for 21 yards and a first down at the GT45 ending the third quarter. Surprisingly, Swift was back in the game, even as Smart was using a lot of backups. On a third and six, Bennett hit Matt Landers for his first catch and a 26 yard gain into the red zone at the 15. Three plays later, Kenny McIntosh was across the goal line with a 45-7 lead.
  At this stage, Tech was down by 38, the same difference as their opening 52-14 loss at #3 Clemson. The Jackets began at their 25 and could muster no offense.
  Georgia got the ball back on their 45. They had to punt giving it back to Tech after White downed it at their 3. After virtually no gain, GT punted. UGA ball at their 45.
  After a short run, LB Demetrius Knight had to be walked off the field and into the tent. The Dawgs again had to punt. But, just when you thought the scoring was over, Ah Brown dropped the punt with Tyson Campbell scooping it up and carrying it the short 7 yards into the end zone. Georgia was giving the Jackets their biggest loss of the season with a 45 point margin, 52-7.
  Tech got the ball back at their 25 with just over two minutes to go and got 16 on a Jamious Griffin run. The freshman got a first down carry into Georgia territory at their 46. With that, the clock ran out. Final score, Georgia 52, Tech 7.
    That is the largest margin of defeat and the most points scored by UGA in this rivalry's history.